Rode Caster Pro
Essential Add-On's we recommend
The RØDECaster™ Pro is the world’s first fully integrated podcast production studio. Whether you are just starting out, or are a seasoned broadcast professional, the RØDECaster Pro Podcast Production Studio is all you will ever need.
Connect and record
The 4 high-quality microphone channels are able to power studio condenser microphones as well as conventional dynamic microphones. You can quickly connect microphones for you and your guests with automatic level setting and one-touch recording to a microSD card. You can literally be recording your first podcast within minutes of taking the RØDECaster Pro out of the box.
Sound Effects and Jingles
The RØDECaster Pro comes with eight programmable sound effects pads, for instant triggering of sound effects, music, jingles, applause and ads – perfect for giving your podcast that professional quality. You can record audio direct to the programmable pads from any input, or simply “drag and drop” files from your computer using the supplied software. You can even select your favourite colours for the pad illumination.
Have a remote guest you want to interview? Simply connect your phone to the RØDECaster Pro via Bluetooth™ or with a TRRS cable. The RØDECaster Pro automatically provides “mix-minus” audio to prevent echo being heard by the caller, without the need to purchase dedicated and costly hardware. Telephone interviews with a remote guest never sounded so good!Sound like a million dollars
Class A Servo-biased Preamps
The RØDECaster Pro’s pristine preamps and outputs feature Class A circuitry, as found in broadcast consoles that cost hundreds of thousands of dollars. The Class A preamps provide a much cleaner gain structure with lower levels of distortion. The result is an incredibly clean, low-noise signal. The Preamps are also servo-biased, keeping distortion levels low. Your signal is broadcast-pure.
APHEX On board
Your pristine signal can also be enhanced with the legendary patented audio processors, APHEX Aural Exciter™ and APHEX Big Bottom™. These have been incorporated in the audio processing section of the RØDECaster Pro, and your sound will have that rich, warm tone only found in professional studios. The RØDECaster Pro also features multistage dynamics, such as compression, limiting, de-essing and noise-gating.
The RØDECaster Pro operates as a standalone unit straight out of the box, recording your finished podcast direct to a microSD™ card. The RØDECaster Pro also connects to your computer as a USB audio interface, so you can record your podcast to your favourite recording software, or stream live. Multitrack recording is also available via USB to your computer’s recording software (including Garage Band, Reaper, Logic, ProTools, Audition and more), allowing you to separately record each of the sources to its own track for editing in post-production. Naturally, a stereo mix of your finished podcast will also be captured in multi-channel mode.
RØDECaster Pro Specifications
- ACOUSTIC & ELECTRICAL SPECIFICATION
- Frequency Range
- Mic Inputs: 20 Hz – 20 kHz, -3dB at 20 Hz (high-pass filter)
- Monitor Outputs: 20 Hz – 20 kHz better than ±0.5dB
- Input Impedance 600Ω (Mic Preamplifiers)
- Equivalent Noise –125dBA (A-Weighted, measured as per IEC651)
- Maximum Output Level +3dBu (Monitor Outputs)
- Headphone Output Power Max output power at 1% THD: 32Ω –> 220mW | 300Ω –> 31mW
- Dynamic Range 100 dBA (Mic Preamplifiers)
- Gain Range 0dB – 55dB (Mic Preamplifiers)
- Power Requirements External DC power supply 12 - 15v DC, 1A
- Output Connection USB-C, 1/4” Balanced TRS STEREO (Monitor Outputs)
- Computer Connectivity USB
- Bit Depth 24-Bit
- Sample Rates 48 kHz
- Storage microSD™ card slot, 512MB internal memory for storing sounds for programmable pads
- OS Requirements macOS 10.11
- Windows 10
- MECHANICAL SPECIFICATION
- Colour Black
- Weight (g) 1980
- Dimensions (L x W x H, mm) 350 x 275 x 82
- Packed Weight (g) 2850
- Package Dimensions (L x W x H, mm) 412 x 338 x 127