Sekonic Spectromaster C-800
Sekonic Spectromaster C-800
Please note due to a global shortage of semiconductors and component shortages Sekonic is experiencing delays in the production of several of its Light meters.
At this stage, we do not have an accurate ETA on all of the L-478 series light meters as well as the L-858 and the C-800 & C-7000 units.
intended for photographers, videographers, cinematographers, and gaffers, the C-800 SpectroMaster Colour Meter from Sekonic is an advanced field meter capable of reading virtually all light sources whether they're LED, flash, incandescent, HMI, fluorescent, or in the natural light spectrum. Most importantly, it's a practical lighting tool that analyzes the light source using 11 different display modes on its 4.3" colour touchscreen, indicating specifically what you need to do to achieve your desired effect. The meter's CMOS sensor enables measurement in increments as fine as 1nm and allows the capture of colour spikes in the light output - an especially valuable function when working with LED, HMI, fluorescent lighting, and mixed sources.
Perhaps the meter's most exciting addition is Spectral Similarity Index. Developed by the Sci-Tech Council of the Academy, SSI gives the user the ability to set any light as a standard, or use predefined standards (such as CIE D55), and then gives other lights an SSI score based upon how well they will match. The C-800 also includes TLCI (Television Lighting Consistency Index), TLMF (Television Lighting Matching Factor), and TM-30-15 (Technical Memorandum) in addition to CRI (Colour Rendering Index), which can be measured singularly or in two light comparison mode.
The SpectroMaster has very impressive accuracy, repeatability, response specs and a wide range of values in all modes. Flash, for example, can be colour analyzed with selectable shutter speeds from 1-1/500 sec. Ambient light has a 1.0 to 200,000 lux range (0.09 to 18,600 fc). The intuitive colour touchscreen offers access to the meter's many functions including a Spectrum graph, CRI, Camera Filter, Lighting Filter, White Balance Compensation, and comparison of multiple lights.
The Text mode screen displays colour temperature, lux or FC as well as colour compensation and light balancing filters. After selecting your preferred colour balance, the Camera Filter and Lighting Filter Screens will display the actual Rosco, Lee, Kodak Wratten, or Fuji filter designations necessary to achieve your targeted colour temperature. CRI also has a dedicated screen that displays standard colour reference values (including R1 thru 15) as a percentage of the light source's ability to reproduce colour accurately, as compared to the Ra standard temperature. The Multi-Light Screen reads multiple light sources' colour temperatures as well as light balance and colour compensation recommendations, memorizes them, and allows them to be compared.
With its plethora of light-analytic tools, ability to read and compare all types of light and real-world filter solutions, the SpectroMaster is destined to be a staple on set.
- CRI, TLCI, TLMF, TM-30-15, and SSI
- Developed by the Sci-Tech Council of the Academy, SSI (Spectral Similarity Index) gives the user the ability to set any light as a standard, or use predefined standards (such as CIE D55), and then gives other lights an SSI score based upon how well they will match. The C-800 also includes TLCI (Television Lighting Consistency Index), TLMF (Television Lighting Matching Factor), and TM-30-15 (Technical Memorandum), in addition to CRI (Colour Rendering Index) which can be measured singularly or in two light comparison mode.
- Match Light Sources by Measuring x, y and Hue Saturation
- The C-800 has more colour control parameters specifically designed to help match lights to one another. CIE1931 (x, y) has been added, giving users the ability to measure and dial in specific chromaticity coordinates into lights of some major brands. Hue and Saturation units of measure have also been added to better match RGB LEDs to any light source. In addition, new display screens provide easy interpretation and understanding of the new data fields, making this a superior meter for all applications.
- Designed to be Used on Set
- • Fast button layout for single-handed operation
- • 270° Swivel head to measure from any angle
- • Built-in dark slide for effortless on-set use
- Measure Virtually any Kind of Light
- The C-800 series incorporates a CMOS linear sensor, that measures and evaluates the true colour temperature of a light source from 380 to 780nm in 1nm output wavelength increments, capturing spikes in the output of conventional light sources as well as fluorescent, flash, HMI, and LED sources.
- Measurements include Kelvin (K), Illuminance (lux/fc), LB/CC filters (for camera lens or lighting filters), LB/CC Index, CRI (Ra, R1 thru. R15), âÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ¿uv, SSI, TLCI, TM-30-15 (Rf, Rg), CIE1931 (x, y) chromaticity coordinates, Hue, Saturation.
- Expanded Color Rendering Properties
- Standards include CRI, SSI, TLCI, TLMF, and TM-30-15.
- Extensive Memory
- Up to 99 data measurements can be stored in the memory.
- Wide Measurement Range of Color Temperature
- • Colour Temperature: 1600 to 40,000K
- • Illumination: 1 to 200,000 lux in ambient light, 20 to 20,500 lux in flash light
- User-Friendly Design
- 270-degree swivel head, dark calibration without a cap, large 4.3" colour touch panel LCD display, and Customize Function.
- Various Displays
- Text, Spectrum Graph, Spectrum Comparison, CRI, CRI Comparison, SSI, TLCI/TLMF, TM-30-15, lighting filter for Rosco and LEE, camera filter for Kodak Wratten, LEE and Fuji, Multiple Lights Comparison, White Balance Correction.
- C-800 Series Utility
- The utility which can be downloaded from www.sekonic.com, offers easy settings in the meter and analysis of memorized data in a computer.