Aputure Light Storm 120DMkII With Core Neo150s + Charger
Essential Add-On's we recommend
Boasting 25% more brightness than its predecessor, DMX control, and a redesigned handbrake-locking yoke, the Light Storm LS C120D II Daylight LED Light from Aputure is a chip-on-board (COB) fixture with a 5500K color temperature. It consumes a negligible 180W of power while outputting 135,000 lux, equivalent to a 1000W hot light at a distance of 0.5m with an optional Fresnel. In addition to power efficiency, the fixture also features a high CRI/TLCI rating of 96/97, an indicator of precise rendering of colour.
Ideal for sound-sensitive environments, the LS C120D II is seen but not heard thanks to an intelligent cooling system that employs temperature-sensitive fan to regulate the heat. There is also an Auto/Force button that triggers maximum cooling. In any case, even at maximum power, the fan noise doesn't exceed 18 dB: basically the sound of a person breathing.
The LS C120D II's performance is backed by its design. The all-aluminum construction goes through over a hundred fabrication steps. The reflector and accessory mount is the widely-used Bowens S-type, while the wired controller is separated from the fixture's body, making it lighter and reducing its size. You can make light intensity adjustments locally on the fixture or remotely with an included wireless remote that allows you to control dimming functions from as far away as 100m. Yet another way to turn the light on and off or dim it from 1-100% is via onboard DMX remotely from a console. The LS C120D II is ready for worldwide use thanks to its controller's 110-240 VAC power supply. You can also use its V-mount battery plate for external battery power when mains power is unavailable. The LS C120D II is delivered as a kit with a reflector, controller, and a dedicated carrying bag to protect the light during travel and storage.
- 25% Brighter than Predecessor
- The LS C120D II boasts a luminance of 135,000 lux at 0.5m away with the optional Aputure Fresnel. With an approximate brightness equivalent to a 1000W tungsten light, the C120D II is nearly 25% brighter than the 1st generation C120D, making it competitive with some of the highest grade studio lights on the market.
- Accurate Colour
- The LS C120 II features a CRI of 96 and a 5500K colour temperature. Additionally, its TLCI has been measured at up to 97. TLCI Television Lighting Consistency Index is the accurate measurement of color fidelity of a light source for broadcast use; a high rating shows that a light source will render colors well in a film or photography context. Therefore, the LS C120D II will display natural color in both photo and video applications.
- DMX512 Capability
- DMX is the worldwide industry standard for film and television studios, theater, broadcast, and all forms of digital networking systems. The C120D II comes with DMX capability, allowing studios to maximize their range of uses for their lighting arsenal.
- Combined Controller-Power Unit
- The C120D II is powered by a single, all-in-one power box. Made of aircraft-grade aluminum but maintaining its lightweight build, a single power unit means less cabling and power components so filmmakers spend less time setting up their light and more time being creative.
- Neutrik Cable Locks
- Colour coded Neutrik cable systems allow for more flexibility in where your light can be placed, and advanced locking systems ensure maximum safety, regardless of your set's challenges and environment.
- Handbrake Locking Yoke
- A redesigned yoke construction accommodates an expanded range of motion of over 330°, letting you angle and point your light anywhere you need it. An improved user-friendly handgrip design also makes for highly intuitive controls.
- The Brightest or the Dimmest
- The LS C120D II has taken the precision controls of the C120D and expanded them further allowing for seamless dimming from 1 to 100%.
- Auto/Force: Powerful Temperature Control
- The LS C120D II has an intelligent temperature control system. The fan's rotation will be varied based on the correspondent ambient temperature. The fan can also go to maximum of rotation when you engage Auto/Force mode. This complex fan system improves both heat dissipation efficiency and LED lifespan.
- Quiet Operation
- Some lights utilizing a fan system are too loud and not suitable for film or video production. However, the LS C120D II with its built-in electric fan produces only 18 dB noise, similar to the sound of a person's breathing. That means there is negligible fan noise, even at maximum output.
- Portable and Lightweight
- Portability and lightweight are characteristics many photographers and filmmakers can appreciate in equipment, and the LS C120D II weighs in at 4.8 lb.
- Intelligent Design
- Featuring an aircraft-grade aluminum body, the LS C120D II is tough and durable. More than 100 fabrication procedures such as extrusion, cutting, trim, sandblasting, and laser engraving are employed.
- Effective Battery Power Solution
- The LS C120D II can meet various shooting requirements with AC or battery options. The light's V-mount battery plate is an asset for situations where mains power is unavailable.
- Wireless Remote Control with 100m Range
- Using 2.4 GHz technology, the LS C120D II can power on and off or adjust brightness wirelessly, even at distances up to 100m.
- The LS C120D II has the convenience of an integrated handgrip for adjusting the light's direction and for expeditious packing.
- Core SWX Hypercore NEO 150s V-Mount Battery
The all new Core SWX Hypercore NEO 150S is the most complete 150wh, 14v Lithium Ion battery pack on the market. Encompassing all the original features of the award winning Hypercore line, with additional features exclusive to NEO.
As with our other packs, the NEO pack is microprocessor-driven, making them safer as well as supporting the transmission of runtime and percentage data to your camera’s viewfinder or LCD. That same data can also be viewed on the new multipurpose, intuitive backlit LCD on the front of the battery packs. The LCD is multipurpose as it provides remaining runtime based on a 30W dummy load while not in-use, a remaining down to the minute runtime while connected to the device you’re powering, and it even provides remaining charge time while connected to a charger.
Further leveraging the microprocessor, the NEO packs have an RFID transmitter on the front of the packs, so you can easily grab all your battery data stored from the pack on your phone via our VoltBridgeID app available in the app store.
Not only was the NEO line constructed similar to Helix with the new LCD and RFID, it was also constructed in a modular design like Helix, which reduces cabling and maximises product integrity. The pack is put together like building blocks within a very small battery housing, reducing the chance of a failure due to a drop or multiple drops. The modular design also makes it very easy to service as the components are plug and play.
Knowing 10A load delivery doesn’t cut it anymore; the NEO packs have an upgraded cell architecture which can sustain up to 16A peak loads, 12A continuous. In addition, there is SmartTap on the pack allowing you to power any 12vdc device from the p-tap port while also being able to transmit battery data if the device you are using is able to communicate that information. There is also a 5v USB for charging mobile devices, but also offers additional functionality as a fully function firmware upgrade port, so you will never be left behind as we continue to develop.
Lastly, as with all of our battery packs, they are the most charger compatible on the market. The v-mount offerings will charge on RED, IDX, Sony, etc., and the gold mount offerings will charge on Anton/Bauer chargers.
Core SWX GP-X2S V-Mount Charger
The X2 charger series features an upright design and a lightweight, plastic housing. The X2 series offers simultaneous 2A charging as well a “Fleet Rapid Charge” bay. When only needing to charge one battery pack, place it on the rapid charge channel, and take advantage of Fleet series charge time (one 98wh pack in under 2.5hrs.)
The charger is multi chemistry and includes a 90w(15A/6A) power supply, capable of powering the most power demanding cameras via a 4pin XLR output.
Trickle charge maintenance program ensures the batteries are always at maximum capacity. The charger is compact enough to fit into a camera bag yet versatile, addressing all batteries simultaneously. It will charge many V-Mount batteries from other manufacturers.
Aputure Lightstorm LS C120D MkII Kit Includes:
- Lightstorm LS C120D MkII
- Controller Box
- 2 x Buckle Straps
- Hanger Knob
- Connecting Cable
- Power Cable
- 2 x Touch-Fastener Strips
- Wireless Remote Control
- Button Battery
- Carrying Bag
- 1 x Core Neo 150s Battery
- 1 x Core SWX GP-X2S V-Mount Charger
- 1 Year Warranty