Kayell Australia Pty Ltd Warranty Policy For
Entity providing this warranty:
Kayell Australia Pty Limited ABN 13 087 954 149 (Kayell) warrants that the Goods will be free from defective workmanship and materials.
Warranty against defects:
Kayell’s Goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. The Purchaser is entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage from that supplier. The Purchaser is also entitled to have the Goods repaired or replaced if the Goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
Kayell will, at its option, either repair or replace any defective Goods or part thereof with a new or remanufactured equivalent during the Warranty Period at no charge to the Purchaser for parts or labour during the Warranty Period.
The warranty described herein shall be the sole and exclusive warranties granted by Kayell and shall be the sole and exclusive remedy available to the Purchaser in addition to other rights and remedies of the Purchaser under a law in relation to the Goods to which this warranty relates.
All implied warranties including the warranties of merchantability and fitness for use are limited to the Warranty Period.
Neither the sales personnel of the seller nor any other person is authorised to make any warranties other than those described herein, or to extend the duration of any warranties beyond the Warranty Period on behalf of Kayell.
Correction of defects, in a manner and for the Warranty Period described herein, shall constitute complete fulfilment of all liabilities and responsibilities of Kayell to the Purchaser with respect to the Goods and shall constitute full satisfaction of all claims, whether based on contract, negligence, and strict liability otherwise. In no event shall Kayell be liable, or in any way responsible, for any damages or defects in the Goods which were caused by repairs or attempted repairs performed by anyone other than Kayell or an authorised service provider.
Kayell shall not be liable or in any way responsible for any incidental or consequential economic or property damage, except where Kayell is in breach of the guarantees provided to the Purchaser in accordance with Schedule Two of the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth), or applicable legislation from time to time.
The Warranty Period for the Purchaser to make a claim pursuant to this warranty for material defects and workmanship in the Goods is 12 months for all Drobo units from the date of purchase unless an extended warranty has been purchased.
This warranty does not apply to any appearance of the supplied Goods nor to the additional excluded items set forth below nor to any supplied Goods the exterior of which has been damaged or defaced, which has been subjected to misuse, abnormal service or handling, or which has been altered or modified in design or construction.
Customers who hold a current DroboCare license are entitled to extended warranty for the duration of the license. DroboCare licenses can be renewed yearly as long as the product is being sold as a current model.
Additional Items Excluded from Warranty Coverage:
Warranty coverage does not apply when;
1. The supplied Goods are improperly handled and as a result the Goods are
- Distorted and damaged or modified and not used in accordance with the Manufacturer’s instructions
- Or modified and not used in accordance with the Manufacturer’s instructions, including but not limited to turning off the power whilst installing and removing power accessories
2. External corrosion or the like occurs;
3. Defects caused by the supplied Goods being subjected to any of the following; unauthorised modifications or connections, unauthorised opening or repair, repair by use of unauthorised parts, accident, force majeure (e.g. lightning strike, bushfire etc.), or other acts beyond Kayell’s reasonable control (including but not limited to damage by fire, flood, etc.).
4. Death or injury to persons resulting from any cause other than proven negligence of Kayell, its employees or representatives.
5. For Drobo's warranty information please visit http://www.drobo.com/downloads/docs/2011_Limited_Warranty_Drobo_20120315.pdf
In order to enforce the rights under this warranty, the Purchaser must provide proof of purchase showing the goods were purchased in Australia from an Authorised Australian retail or online customer of Kayell’s or from Kayell. The proof of purchase must state the date of purchase of the Goods; provide a description of the Goods and the price paid for the Goods.
A claim made by a Purchaser during the Warranty Period, must be completed through the Drobo Support page http://www.drobo.com/contact-support/ should the purchaser hold a current DroboCare license.
Upon receipt of the claim, Drobo will issue to the Purchaser a (RMA) Return Merchandise Authorization number, as an acknowledgment that the Purchaser has lodged the claim.
Once a Goods Return Authorisation Number is issued by Drobo they will then provide information to the purchaser for return of the Drobo. The cost of transportation of the Goods will be borne by the Purchaser unless a current DroboCare license is in place.
Kayell has access to loan units which may be used from time to time to assist in recovering customer data. Kayell takes no responsibility for any data that may be lost when loan Drobo units are being used by the customer.
Conditions of use with loan Drobo units through Kayell are
- Loan units remain the property of Drobo & Kayell
- Customer is required to complete a loan agreement form and adhere to the terms and conditions of Kayell’s hire contract
- Customer is responsible for the collection and return of the loan unit
- Pre-Authorisation credit card payment equal to that outlined in Kayell’s rental control will be taken prior to collection approval. Should the loan unit not be returned within the agreed period Kayell reserves the right to collect damages for the loan Drobo unit.