The Drobo B810i disrupts IT economics by delivering advanced iSCSI SAN storage capabilities reserved for expensive enterprise solutions. It is optimised for small and medium-sized businesses that don’t have dedicated IT support and it is used to simplify and consolidate both physical and virtual storage in a single array with “on-demand” ability to scale both capacity and performance.
With Data-Aware Tiering, the B810i’s ability to automatically tier frequently used transactional data from stored data that’s seldom used enables businesses to consolidate storage resources, and share that storage across all connected clients and their applications. The B810i model allows for a more effective work collaboration, the storage of creative workflows, and a trustworthy, easy-to-use backup system.
Pain Free Expansion
Expanding your storage capacity with a Drobo couldn’t be easier. There’s no long, risky process to add capacity to a Drobo – no need to go through the time consuming and complex administration of destroying your RAID sets and recreating with larger drives; and then finally restoring from your backup. When it’s time to add storage capacity to a Drobo, simply insert additional disk drives or replace the smallest disks with larger ones. The unique, carrier-less drive-bay design results in efficient and pain free scalability that won’t leave you running out of space when you need it most.
If you’re running low on space, the lights on the front of the Drobo B810i tell you exactly what to do. The innovative, user-friendly industrial design allows you to add or hot-swap larger capacity drives, without tools, on the fly, for storage expansion with zero downtime. Expand your capacity without missing a beat while safely storing, sharing and backing up all your data with ease and peace of mind. It’s that simple!
Automated Data-Aware Tiering
The Drobo B810i moves beyond the days of manually tuning an array for applications that have different storage requirements. Automated Data-Aware Tiering leverages high-capacity hard disk drives (HDDs) paired with high-performance solid state drives (SSDs) to deliver application-optimised storage that requires no manual tuning.
Data-Aware Tiering automatically and seamlessly migrates the most frequently accessed data to the faster SSD drives and the less accessed data to the high capacity hard disk drives. As data access patterns change, the data is automatically relocated to maximise performance while still benefiting from the large capacity drives.
Build an iSCSI SAN with Drobo
Unfamiliar with iSCSI? iSCSI is a popular high-performance protocol for deploying storage networking technology in IT environments. The problem: it can be very complex to manage. The Drobo B810i changes that by introducing zero-click iSCSI configuration for both Windows and Mac OS X servers.
With an iSCSI SAN, centralised storage is provided to each server over a high-speed Gigabit Ethernet network where it can be allocated or expanded instantaneously. Deploying a Drobo B810i eases iSCSI adoption, simplifies administration, and allows you to consolidate storage so you have fewer devices to manage.
Please note that iSCSI initiators are not included with the Drobo B810i. These must be purchased directly from ATTO (www.attotech.com).
Optimised for Business
The Drobo B810i is ideal for building your first scalable backup server or expanding your storage to your existing file servers. It integrates seamlessly into your TCP/IP network infrastructure and utilises the industry-standard iSCSI protocol to provide simple, consolidated storage for your servers.
Rack Mount Ready, Desktop Quiet
Drobo B810i can be deployed in a server room for IT use or on a desktop for workgroup sharing of storage, thanks to its compact design and quiet operation. Dual smart fans automatically manage their speeds to optimise cooling and minimise operating noise. You can even configure Drobo to spin down drives when they’re not in use to further reduce noise and save energy. (Drobo B810i Rack Mount sold separately.)
Our world-class DroboCare support offers powerful protection for all Drobo products. Whether you depend on Drobo for your photo collection or critical business data, our trained professionals are available around the clock to help. In addition to extending technical phone support, DroboCare offers a wide array of benefits over our standard warranty including migration assistance, expedited hardware and rescue kits to ensure you get everything you need, when you need it.
- 2 x Gigabit Ethernet ports for data
- 1 x Gigabit Ethernet port for management
Drives and Expansion
- Up to eight (8) 3.5″ SATA or solid state drives (SSDs).
- 4KN disk support
- Drives of any manufacturer, capacity, spindle speed, and/or cache can be used.
- No carriers or tools required for 2.5″ SSD carriers. Click here for drive recommendations.
- Expandable by adding drives or hot-swapping drives with larger ones. Use the Capacity Calculator to estimate available storage in various configurations.
- Thin Provisioning
- Instant Expansion
- Mixed Drive Size Utilization
- Background Data Integrity Scrubbing
- Single or Dual-Disk Redundancy
- Virtual Hot Spare
- Data Aware
- Drive Re-ordering
- Drive bay indicator lights, capacity gauge, status lights
- Drobo Dashboard version 2.8 or later
- Drobo Dashboard email alerts
Operating System Support
- Mac OS X 10.8 and higher
- Windows 10 32 and 64 bit
- Windows 8/8.1 32 and 64 bit
- Windows 7 32 and 64 bit
- Windows Server 2012 32 and 64 bit
- Windows Server 2008 R2 32 and 64 bit
File Systems Supported
- Mac OS X: HFS+
- Windows: NTFS
- VMware: VMFS
- CHAP Authentication
- MPIO Support
- Jumbo frames (up to 9000 bytes MTU)
- Carrier-less Drive Bays for 3.5″ Drives
- Rackmount Kit 19″
Additional Software Features
- Hybrid Storage
- Automated Data-Aware Tiering
- Automated Hot Data Cache
- Drive Spin Down
- Utilizing Lynux Version 3.2
- One (1) year warranty in the US or outside the EU or two (2) year warranty in the EU.
Size and Weight
- Desktop or 3U Rack Mount Form Factor (rack mount kit optional)
- Width: 12.17 in (309.1 mm)
- Height: 5.46 in (138.7 mm)
- Depth: 14.1 in (358.1 mm)
- Weight: 16 lb 3 oz (7.4 kg) without hard drives, or packaging
Power and Cooling
- Internal Power Supply: AC Input – 100/240 VAC, 1.8/0.75 A, 50/60 Hz
- Power Consumption –
- Idle System (standby, drives off): 13 watts
- Typical Idle System (drive spin down mode, eight (8) drives): 25 watts
- Typical Busy System (four (4) drives: 82 watts
- Dual, fixed cooling fans
- Acoustics – Normal Operation: 30.4 dB
- Operating Temperature: 10°C – 35°C (50° – 95°F)
- Non-Operating Temperature (storage): -10° – 60°C (14° – 140°F)
- Operating: Humidity: 5% – 80%
- Environmental: RoHS, WEEE, REACH
- Regulatory: FCC Part 15 Class B; Canada ICES – 003; Class B; CE Mark; CISPR22 Class B; VCCI Approval to V.3; ACA Approval to AS/NZS 3548
- Safety: UL, cUL, TUV, CB
- Drobo B810i
- 3 x 6 ft (1.8 m) Ethernet cables
- 6 ft (1.8 m) power cord with power supply
- Quick Start Guide
- Internal LED Labels for Front Panel (Dutch, French, and Japanese)
- Drobo 8-Bay Rack Mount Kit