Extraordinary resolving power from a beautifully versatile DSLR
Featuring Canon’s exceptional 50.6MP 35mm full-frame CMOS sensor and Dual DIG!C 6 image processor, the all new EOS 5DS is the perfect choice for professional and enthusiast photographers who value high megapixel count and outstanding resolving power. Creating stunningly detailed, crisp and clear images, this impressive Digital SLR camera utilises a 61-point high-density reticular AF, delivering high-speed continuous shooting of up to 5fps. Working together in the fight against camera shake, Canon’s newly-designed Mirror Vibration Control System and Release Time Lag Arbitrary setting helps the EOS 5DS reduce blur and further enhance image clarity. Versatile and well-balanced, this solidly-built DSLR provides an array of features to the creative photographer, including the new Fine Detail picture style, a 1.3x and 1.6x crop function, a Custom Quick Control function, and a Time Lapse Movie function that creates Full HD movies from still images on the camera.
- Newly designed 50.6 Megapixel full-frame CMOS helps deliver ultra-high resolution images for large-scale printing and extensive, creative cropping, while Dual DIGIC 6 Image Processors enable spectacular image quality and processing speed.
- EOS Scene Detection System features a 150,000-pixel RGB+IR Metering Sensor for excellent precision.
- 61-Point High Density Reticular AF including up to 41 cross-type AF points and EOS iTR allows for high precision autofocus.
- Advanced mirror control mechanism and new user-selectable shutter release time lag helps suppress camera vibration for reducing image shake.
- Anti-flicker helps compensate for flickering light sources and provides consistent exposure and color during continuous shooting.
- Built-in intervalometer and bulb timer helps deliver expanded creativity.
- 1.3x and 1.6x crop shooting adds superb flexibility, while still delivering high resolution images required for demanding applications.
- Intelligent Viewfinder II with approximately 100% viewfinder coverage.
- Full HD 30p movie capability and Time Lapse Movie function, which takes still photographs at set intervals and combines them into a Full HD movie file.
- High-speed continuous shooting up to 5.0 fps allows you to capture fast action.
- 3.2-inch ClearView II LCD monitor, 170° viewing angle, 1,040,000-dot VGA, reflection resistance with multi coating and high-transparency materials for bright and clear viewing.
- Customizable Quick Control Screen allows you to quickly change frequently used camera settings and functions.
- Support for USB 3.0.
New 50.6 Megapixel Full-frame CMOS sensor
The EOS 5DS camera features Canon's newest full-frame CMOS sensor. At 50.6 Megapixels, it's the highest resolution sensor in the history of EOS. It captures 8712 x 5813 effective pixels, delivering images with an unprecedented level of realism perfect for large-scale commercial printing, fine art, significant crops and any number of other high-end applications. Thanks to this amazing sensor, engineered to work in concert with dual DIGIC 6 Image Processors, the EOS 5DS is a remarkable, high-resolution camera with impressive performance.
New Fine Detail mode in Picture Style
Taking advantage of its sensor's high-resolution capturing power, the EOS 5DS camera has a new Picture Style called Fine Detail mode. Fine Detail emphasizes fine edges and patterns or textures by setting the camera's Sharpness sub-settings, fineness and threshold to their minimum and by lowering contrast settings as well. Prioritizing minute details in the image allows for better gradations, more detailed textures and fine edges for smoother, more polished photographs.